COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Providers
Oxygenation and Ventilation
Non-invasive Support Overview
This module provides just-in-time training for the non-ICU healthcare provider for patients requiring ventilation assistance who are under investigation for or have confirmed cases of COVID-19. Content includes
- Risk mitigation for frequently used ventilation assistance devices such as non-invasive ventilation (NIV) and high-flow nasal cannula (HFNC) in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Brief review of the benefits and functionality of noninvasive ventilation and high-flow nasal cannula
This module is intended to make you aware of airway management items that may be different in patients who are under investigation for or have confirmed cases of COVID-19. Content includes
- Review of criteria of when to intubate
- Review of an inventory of items needed to successfully perform an intubation of those with or suspected of having COVID-19
- Discussion of risk mitigation techniques specific to COVID-19 used to protect healthcare providers
- Review of manual ventilation devices and filter placement
This module provides an overview of equipment types, settings, and adjustments of ventilators; key terminology related to oxygenation and ventilation; and important numbers and ranges and alarms for ventilation management.
This module contains information about invasive ventilation (intubation) and management of COVID-19 patients. Topics include when to use invasive ventilation, analgosedation, tables and goals for therapy, and treatment recommendations for Refractory Hypoxemia.
Frontline Conversations on CPR during COVID
Hear from resuscitation science experts in their responses to questions about emergency cardiovascular care and resuscitation in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, recorded in a webinar on Friday, 15 May 2020.
Prof.Dr. T.S. Ravikumar MS
Systems of Care & Patient Safety
President – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) – Mangalagiri, AP
Dr. Sachin Menon MD
Internal Medicine & EMS & American Heart Association Subject Matter Expert
Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine
Consultant Regional Director of the AHA – India, SL, Nepal & Bangladesh)
Expert Faculty for Guinness Record event for 28523 people trained in HOCPR
Helpful resources for health systems, clinics, care providers, patients and the public
Copyright 2020 American Heart Association. Republished with Permission from the American Heart Association.